Glock Spring Cups - What you may or may not be aware of is that there are actually two different types of spring cups available for the striker installed in your Glock. One is the type normally installed on Glocks at the factory and the other is called the "Maritime Spring Cup". (Part No. G3073)

A common misconception is that these cups are designed to allow the Glock to shoot underwater. Contrary to what you've probably seen on youtube, this is extremely dangerous and even if you don't get hurt, you've probably damaged your weapon. Glock does not recommend shooting the Glock or any other handgun underwater without proper training.

Glock Spring Cups

Glock Spring Cups

The actual purpose of these cups is to allow the water to drain out of the ram channel a little faster during normal use as it exits the water and operates on land, and to allow the piston to move properly if there happens to be some water left in the area after the gun was unloaded. Glock does this by creating a cup with some of the plastic removed, reducing the sealing effect that standard cups can have when covered by water.

Does Glock 19's Generation 4 Deliver The Goods?

The benefits of these optional parts are that they can actually improve the reliability of your weapon if you find yourself in a marine environment by allowing for more reliable cap hits and therefore round shots. As for cons, there isn't much documentation on the longevity of these cups compared to the stock ones, but it can be assumed that there is 50% less plastic on the cup that contacts the inside of the impact groove. there will be twice the cup wear compared to standard cups. me

I know there is a lot of documentation of Glocks running thousands and thousands of rounds in endurance tests and yes they run standard cups.

As for me, I tend to use spring cup stocks in my personal Glock. Right now I don't see a need for these cups for anything other than extreme use and we all know that panniers are pretty good at catching fire in heavy rain (been there and done that). Unless the gun is actually going to be submerged and then taken out of the water and used without flushing, I see no real reason to sacrifice the proven durability of the racks and the longevity they provide to the system they are installed into. We use cookies to provide the best possible user experience and traffic analysis. By continuing to use our site, you agree to the use of cookies.

Description: Glock Firing Pin Spring Cup, two halves. This is an original Glock factory part. It is manufactured to the same high standards of materials and workmanship as the parts that originally came with your Glock firearm. This part is perfect to replace your worn or damaged parts or as a spare to keep your Glock in mint condition.

Glock Maritime Spring Cups

I got them as spares after sending 1/2 ballistics trying to sit. Great to have in your spare parts kit.

This is a review of the second purchase I made from Mid West Gun Works (MWGW). This was for two sets of OEM Glock firing pin spring cups. I used to buy Glock parts from a large dealer about 150 miles from me. Before the pandemic, they took about five to seven days to ship my purchases. The last order I placed with them during the Corona 19 pandemic was about three weeks late. When they filled my order it didn't ship for five days and took two days to get to me. Every day they publish the date of the order they fulfill on their website; today (10/28/2020) they are fulfilling orders received on 10/7/2020. I tried to call them a few weeks ago and after twenty minutes on hold I was disconnected. Glock parts from MWGW are at least the same quality as the big manufacturers, but cheaper, and so is shipping. Both orders I placed with MWGW were shipped the next day. MWGW is about two thousand miles from me. The total time from submission of both orders to receipt was six and seven days. I just called MWGW and the call was answered within six minutes. I will be the first for my Glock and other needs from now on.

Starbucks spring cups, glock marine spring cups, coil spring cups, valve spring cups, glock maritime spring cups, glock firing pin spring cups, starbucks spring day blend k cups, glock spring, glock marine cups, starbucks spring blend k cups, glock maritime cups, glock 19 maritime spring cups